Please read our sales policy and make sure you fully
understand it before purchasing an animal from us.
POULTRY SALES POLICY
1. Starting on January 1st of each new year we open our Poultry Waiting List. If you would like your name on our waiting list, please contact us.
2. Our waiting list is filled on a first come, first served basis. Orders will be filled in the order they are received.
3. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to fill all the orders on our waiting list, especially those placed late in the season or those near the bottom of our waiting list. We will do our best to fill as many orders as we can but hatch rates and genders are the will of Mother Nature and we have no control over them.
4. We cannot guarantee that we will have as many birds as you are looking to purchase of each breed. You are welcome to let us know how many of each breed you are looking for but we cannot promise that those specific numbers or genders will hatch.
5. Please keep your numbers reasonable - we simply cannot fill orders for 20 or 30 birds as we are a small scale operation. For day-old chicks and pullets, please try to keep your requests to around 5 or 6 birds per breed. For ducks we can usually fill orders between 5 and 10. If we are able to hatch more then you are welcome to purchase more but we simply cannot guarantee numbers until the hatch is complete.
6. Once your hatch is complete we will contact you and let you know what we have available. At that point you can choose how many of each available breed you would like to purchase.
7. We cannot guarantee hatch rates. We cannot guarantee how many birds of each breed will hatch. We cannot guarantee what genders will hatch. Please be flexible with your order as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to fill it exactly as you expect.
8. If you are not satisfied with your hatch then you are welcome to be put on our waiting list again but you will be placed at the bottom and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to reach your order before the season ends. We generally have a lot of orders to fill and we simply cannot keep pushing other orders back so that you can wait for the perfect hatch. The only exception would be if the hatch rate on your order was exceptionally low. This will be at our discretion.
9. Your chicks will be available for pick up once the entire hatch is finished and the chicks have had time to dry off. We cannot hold your chicks for more than 3 days after the hatch is complete. If you are unable to pick them up within the three-day time frame then we charge $5.00 per day thereafter until you can pick them up.
10. At the time you place your order we cannot guarantee an exact date when your order will be ready. We start hatching when fertility is high enough (usually around April/May) and we will contact you when we are ready to start incubating your eggs. At that point we can give you a better idea of when your order will be ready.
11. Day-old chicks are available starting in April/May. Pullets are available starting in July. We stop hatching at the end of June therefore no day-old chicks will be available after mid- July.
12. No deposit is required as hatch rates are not guaranteed.
13. We do not vaccinate our birds. We deworm them using herbal and naturaltreatments.
14. We do not accept returns or offer refunds on poultry. We also do not allow birds to return to our farm once they have left, this is due to bio-security concerns.
15. We reserve the right to refuse a sale at any time. We also reserve the right to have first pick of any birds we wish to retain.
16. All birds that leave our farm are healthy at the time of purchase. We do not sell sick or injured birds. We cannot guarantee the health of your birds once they leave our farm as there are too many variables.
17. We offer ongoing support to anyone who has purchased from us. Please feel free to contact us via phone or email at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
18. All birds must be fully paid for before leaving our farm. Payment must be made via email transfer or cash before you leave with your birds. There are no exceptions to this rule.
GOAT SALES POLICY
1. We keep an ongoing waiting list for kids. You are welcome to have your name put on our waiting list at any time for our next available kids.
2. We always refer to our waiting list before listing any kids for sale online.
3. Our waiting list is serviced on a first come, first served basis. The first person on our waiting list gets first choice of available kids and we will go down the waiting list from there.
4. We reserve the right to have first choice of any kids born. After we have made our selection we will list all available kids for sale. We like to observe the kids for at least 2 weeks before deciding if we will be retaining any. At that point they will be listed for sale. Sometimes we take a bit longer to decide so please be patient.
5. We also reserve the right to refuse a sale at any time.
6. Once you have chosen which kid you would like to reserve you have 24 hours to send us a deposit. If we have not received a deposit within this time frame then that particular kid will be re-listed for sale.
7. A 50% non-refundable deposit of the purchase price is required to hold your kid(s) for you. Under no circumstance will we hold any kids without a deposit.
8. If you decide to back out of the sale then your deposit will be deem forfeited. If, however, we deem your chosen kid ineligible for sale at any time then your deposit will be returned or it can be used towards the purchase of another kid.
9. Deposits must be made via email transfer or cash. No cheques please.
10. All goats who leave our farm are healthy. We do not vaccinate our goats. They all receive annual vitamin shots and are dewormed using herbal treatments.
11. We do not accept returns or give refunds for any goats who have left our farm. This is due to bio-security concerns.
12. We cannot guarantee the health of any goat once it leaves our farm as there are too many variables.
13. We do not offer stud services or sell does that have been exposed to a male. We also do not sell does in milk and rarely sell full grown males or females.
14. We cannot guarantee how many kids will be born per kidding or what colours or genders they will be. If you are looking for a specific colour or gender then please keep in mind that you may have to wait longer for your kid to become available.
15. No kid shall leave our farm before the age of 10-12 weeks old.
16. A pick up date and time will be arranged for you to come and pick up your goat(s) once they reach the appropriate age. You must pick your goat(s) up on the arranged date and time. If you are unable to pick your goat(s) up on the arranged date and have to delay pick up then we will charge a fee of $5.00 per day per goat as a holding fee. This will be payable upon pick up.
17. No goat shall leave our farm without first being fully paid for. You will be required to make your final payment before you leave with your goat. There are no exceptions to this rule. Final payments are to be made via email transfer or cash. No cheques please.
18. Any descriptions we give about our goats are to the best of our knowledge. We work hard to breed goats that are as close to the Standard of Perfection as possible but not all of our goats are show material, some will be best suited as breeders and others as pets.
19. All of our goats are disbudded, tattooed and registered with the Canadian Goat Society. Wethers will be disbudded but not registered or tattooed as they will not be used for breeding purposes. We disbud ALL of our goats; we DO NOT sell horned goats under any circumstance.
20. We cannot guarantee how a goat will develop once it fully matures. We can give you our best opinion but there are no guarantees. We cannot guarantee the fertility or milk production of any goat that leaves our farm. We also cannot guarantee if a goat will grow scurs or how big they might be. All males tend to grow scurs, despite being disbudded. Their scurs are generally small and of no consequence. Females don't tend to get scurs after being disbudded and if they do they are very small.
21. We offer ongoing support to anyone who has purchased a goat from us. If you ever have any questions or concerns then please feel free to contact us.
KITTEN SALES POLICY
1. We occasionally have kittens for sale. We do not have a waiting list. They will be listed for sale online once they have reached 4 to 6 weeks old.
2. We require a 50% non-refundable deposit of the purchase price to hold a kitten for you. Under no circumstance will we hold a kitten without a deposit. You can make your deposit via email transfer or cash. No cheques please.
3. Once you have decided which kitten you would like to reserve you have 24 hours to send a deposit. If your deposit is not received within this time frame then your chosen kitten will be re-listed for sale.
4. If you back out of a sale then your deposit will be deemed forfeited. If, however, we deem your chosen kitten ineligible for sale at any time then your deposit will be returned or it can be used towards the purchase of another kitten.
5. Kittens are available for pick up once they reach 8 weeks old.
6. A date and time will be arranged for you to come and pick your kitten(s) up. If you are delayed beyond this date then a $5.00 per day per kitten holding fee will be applied. This fee will be payable upon pick up.
7. We do not vaccinate our kittens. We do, however, deworm all kittens before they leave our farm. All kittens that leave our farm are healthy. All of our adult barn cats are in the best of health and receive their annual vet check-ups and vaccinations. Our kittens are only exposed to healthy cats and therefore you can rest assured that they are in the best of health too.
8. We make sure to watch our kittens carefully before they leave for their new homes in order to make sure they are thriving. All of our kittens are litter trained and are eating solid foods before they leave for their new homes.
9. We reserve the right to refuse a sale at any time.
8. We do not offer refunds or accept returns on any kittens.
9. No kitten shall leave our farm without being fully paid for. There are no exceptions to this rule. You can make final payment via email transfer or cash. No cheques please.
10. Once a kitten leaves our farm it is under your discretion what kind of veterinary care it receives.